Monday, February 13, 2012

How long can a toyota carolla last?

If properly maintained, how many miles can a Toyota Carolla go before it dies? A used car lot near me is selling one, it already has 143K miles on it.How long can a toyota carolla last?i drive a car thats older than me....

1991 corolla 400k ...(i bought it at 250k)

the engines perfect..

no rust

i maintained it well

took it to the mechanic like 5 times in the last 3 years..cuz of the exaust(muffler)

my dad used to go to work 300km away//everyday/!!

works too well for some thing this old....



my parents are buying a sienna now.....How long can a toyota carolla last?
IF it was well maintained,and is continually well maintained, it could last 20 - 25 years !How long can a toyota carolla last?cars don't die like humans or animals.



you can always keep repairining it and drive it indefinitely until you total it in an accident.
It depends on the year and you'd have to decide if the 143K makes sense for the age. Also, I don't suggest private used car lots in that you can't get real info and it's a real rip off. As said above, it is sold "as-is" rather than actually buying it from a certified Toyota dealer which also sells used cars and you know you can trust actual car dealers.



But 143K seems way too much to me. I think it may last a bit longer before it starts to run down. We get rid of our bought cars by at least 70,000 miles but that is because of driving far for work. With our leased cars, it's maybe 20,000 miles in 4 years.



It depends on the age like I said before.How long can a toyota carolla last?depending on maint. about 14 beers and an embankmentHow long can a toyota carolla last?
Honestly it depends on the year.



Anything from 1995 on should last around up to 300k miles with proper maintenance. However you have NO IDEA where this is coming from so I don't suggest buying it.



Just my .02
I used o have a 21 year old Corolla that I sold a few years back with 386,000 miles on the odometer. It still had the original engine that ran well with good compression in all four cylinders and original tranny which was starting to have minor problems when I sold it. She was the best car I have ever owned and still a I miss her dearly. Now, all I drive are Toyotas.How long can a toyota carolla last?
I've got a 1984 Corolla with 264k miles with a manual transmission.



I think that 143k miles is a lot of miles as well and I'm not a big fan of used car lots. Problem being that you usually don't get any repair history and a car with that many miles is going to need some larger repairs if they haven't been done already.



What you want to avoid is buying a used car and then having to spend a major amount of money to repair a big ticket item that really isn't a good financial decision (e.g. spending $5k on a car that suddenly needs a $3k transmission repair).
Miles don't mean much on modern cars. If it has been properly cared for, a Corolla can go to 200K miles and beyond. However, since you don't know how the car was cared for, you should get an inspection by a qualifed mechanci before you buy. Used cars are sold "as-is" and you won't be able to take it back if you find problems later, even if it breaks down on the way home from the purchase.
Forever probably but theres a risk something may go wrong that costs more than the cars worth.....the problem with cars that are so reliable is some owners neglect to have them serviced so you need to see the full service history, I doubt they would have it in which case I would avoid it, good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment