Monday, February 20, 2012

What kind of oil does a Toyota use on factory maintenance?

I just bought a 2004 Toyota Tacoma Prerunner V6 and I noticed on the carfax when I bought it that most of the maintenance work has been done by the factory... What I want to know most though is what kind of oil they use when they do their because I don't want to switch it to synthetic or anything like that if it's had regular oil ran thru it all it's life. ( has 105,000 miles on it ). Any help would be appreciated!!What kind of oil does a Toyota use on factory maintenance?It doesn't really matter what was previously used. You can use whatever you prefer as long as the weight is correct.



If it were my Toyota, I would be using synthetic from now on. I've become accustomed to getting 300-400k miles on my Toyotas with little more than periodic timing belt changes.



DonWhat kind of oil does a Toyota use on factory maintenance?Most Toyota Nissans %26amp; Hondas use a 10 weight 30 keeps those small engines well lubed if you have a leak use a little heavier 20 weight just remember don't overfill you will bust the gaskets and seals you would rather be a half quart low than a half quart over.What kind of oil does a Toyota use on factory maintenance?Dealers almost always use conventional (non synthetic) oil unless that owner or particular car requires it.



I'm sure you will be plenty safe using any name brand 5W-30 oil, or whatever grade the owners manual says you should use.What kind of oil does a Toyota use on factory maintenance?
Depends where it has been serviced. Call your local dealership and see what they use in your area. My bet is Castrol or Valvoline. Depending on the climate most usual is 10w-40.

No comments:

Post a Comment