Sunday, February 26, 2012

What can I expect to fix on a 1992 Toyota pickup?

I have a 1992 lifted Toyota 4x4 5-speed 6-cylinder pickup truck that has been sitting in my driveway for five years now and am looking to get it back in good reliable running shape. The truck needs a new engine and tires, aside from those two things what else should I expect to have to fix or get a look at in order to have it in the condition I would like it in? Any information would be greatly appreciated, thank you.What can I expect to fix on a 1992 Toyota pickup?Are you sure you need a new engine? Was it running okay before you parked it? If so, chances are it still is. It might just need a fresh battery (or a jump start). You might also want to give it an oil change and check the fluids. Also look things over for rodent nests--squirrels like to get under the hood and chew up the wiring harnesses to build nests.



If everything looks okay, just jump-start it and drive it--chances are it's ready to go!



Many Toyotas are parked in the fields for 20 years. Then someone comes along, puts in a new battery, starts it up and drives it out of the weeds.

No comments:

Post a Comment