Thursday, February 23, 2012

My 1997 Toyota Camry has a very deep engine sound when i rev compared to my friend's (Both are 2.2L engines)

Also, it doesnt give good acceleration from 50mph and above. Its fuel consumption is about 18mpg. Or does it have to do with my plugs? I use the normal single electrode plugs. (Toyota recommends twin platinium tungsten electrode). What do I do?My 1997 Toyota Camry has a very deep engine sound when i rev compared to my friend's (Both are 2.2L engines)Your catalyst may be starting to stop up. Poor fuel mileage and lack of power can both be a symptom of retricted exhaust, and you might be able to hear it in the intake. You might also look at your intake hose, filter, etc., and see if there is an opening somewhere so that you hear the noise. You definitely need to change back to original plugs. You will be amazed at the difference it can make. As a matter of fact, try that first and see if everything else falls in line.My 1997 Toyota Camry has a very deep engine sound when i rev compared to my friend's (Both are 2.2L engines)Check your exhaust manifold and your muffler. Change to the Tungsten plugs. Check your accelerator and get it readjusted.

No comments:

Post a Comment