Thursday, February 23, 2012

EASY CAR Question: How do I remove the rear drums from my 94 toyota pickup?

I'm trying to replace the brakes on my 94 toyota pickup 2WD, and the drums won't budge. someone said knock'em with a hammer...nothing. tried turning the star wheel but can't get at it. yes i took the parking brake off. any tips?EASY CAR Question: How do I remove the rear drums from my 94 toyota pickup?The drums will have two small threaded holes. An 8X1.25 bolt will fit in to these. put one in each and turn them both equally in small amounts and the drum will come off. If that doesn't do it you can cut/grind off the shoe holding nails on the backside of the backing plate.EASY CAR Question: How do I remove the rear drums from my 94 toyota pickup?loosen the brake shoe's and it should come off, it might take a few whacks with a hammer because they sometimes get stuck

No comments:

Post a Comment