Friday, February 10, 2012

How do I remove the instrument cluster on a 1992 Toyota Camry LE?

I want to remove the instrument cluster (speedometer, gas tank level, temperature, etc...) on my 1992 Toyota Camry LE. Can anyone tell me how to do it in detail?How do I remove the instrument cluster on a 1992 Toyota Camry LE?

1. Disconnect the cable from the negative battery terminal.

2. Remove the bezel retaining screws from the underside of the

top of the cluster bezel. You will also have to remove the center

bezel which is around your cigarette lighter. a small screwdriver

in the corner will allow this to pop right out... ( Go Easy Here )

What I mean here is the complete bezel under the radio...the

black plastic molding.....



3.. Pull off the cluster dimmer switch knob and unscrew the switch

retaining nut.

4. Grasp the bezel securely and detach it from the clips, then pull

it out and disconnect the electrical connecotrs.

5 You are on your own from here.



I do strongly suggest going to a local library for the 1992-96 Camry

Haynes Repair Manual for the pictures of this somewhat simple

procedure. If not, you can pick up this book at almost any Auto

Parts store ...



Good Luck to you...How do I remove the instrument cluster on a 1992 Toyota Camry LE?I think you have to remove the top of the dashboard to get them out.

No comments:

Post a Comment