Friday, February 10, 2012

How much will it cost to replace a rear door handle on my '03 Toyota Corolla?

About a year ago I ripped off the rear door handle of my '03 Black Toyota Corolla (more like I pulled it at an awkward angle). I was wondering how much this repair should cost. I am giving my girlfriend the car and would like it to be as "complete" as possible.How much will it cost to replace a rear door handle on my '03 Toyota Corolla?My exterior driver door handle had busted off my 97 Toyota Camry. The dealership wanted $300 for the repair... which sort of pissed me off. It was just the cheap plastic bit that had pulled off; I probably could have just glued it back on.



I ended up ordering the part for 150, and having my usual mechanic put it on for 75. He said that if I broke this one, he's not putting it on again. Apparently it took him 2 hours, but he only charged me for 1 since he originally thought it should only be 1 hour. Approx $225 total...



It might be cheaper for you since the colour is black. I was told that solid black or solid white are more readily in stock and therefore cheaper. Mine was sage...How much will it cost to replace a rear door handle on my '03 Toyota Corolla?I found the handle on Ebay for 14 dollars new.



http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2003-2004鈥?/a>



Now if you are good with mechanical skills and tools you probably can do it yourself. if not find a friend who is, they probably will charge you around 50 bucks or so to put it on.



If you go to a actual garage or even worse Toyota dealership they will charge you anywhere from 300-500 dollars for something that simple. The markup these places charge is absolutely HORRIBLE.How much will it cost to replace a rear door handle on my '03 Toyota Corolla?Why not bust out your tools and head to one of those junkyards and dismantle the handle off an old junker? It will save you so much money.



I needed a taillight assembly. Essentially, it's just a huge piece of plastic. They wanted $110 bucks at the Auto parts stores. I went out to this junkyard, found a van that was similar to mine and pulled off the tail light assembly. It was in great shape, and they only charged me 10 bucks for it. 90 bucks saved right there!



But if you aren't proficient with tools, then with labor, easily 100 dollars or more.How much will it cost to replace a rear door handle on my '03 Toyota Corolla?
You might want to check out http://www.toyotacrashreports.com and http://forum.toyotacrashreports.com

No comments:

Post a Comment