Monday, February 13, 2012

Is it okay for a straight guy to drive a Toyota Prius?

I just heard someone say that most straight guys wouldn't consider owning a Toyota Prius. Is it true that it's considered to be only for women and homosexual males?Is it okay for a straight guy to drive a Toyota Prius?- Is it true that it's considered to be only for women and homosexual males?



Only by some morons in Answers. I've never heard this in the real world (and I live in one of those places where there is some really bad prejudice). Prius drivers come in all flavours, but they typically have two of the following as their priorities:



1. Techno-savvy. There are a large number of engineers, architects, and other technical people that drive a Prius.



2. Cost of operations is important (aka cheap).



3. Ecologically sensitive.



Based on the Yahoo Prius groups I belong to about 2/3 are male. I assume they are mostly straight because they sometimes talk about their family. Both my wife and myself drive a Prius (and it's never made me feel inadequate).



2004 Prius MPG from the logbook. (Complete years only):

2003-2004 -- 50.8 mpg 17,628 miles

2005 -- 52.6 mpg 14,688 miles

2006 -- 56.3 mpg 16174 miles

2007 -- 57.3 mpg 18384 miles

2008 -- 59.9 mpg 21755 miles

2009 -- 61.4 mpg 16177 miles

2010 -- 65.2 mpg 12134 miles



Cost of operations: 12 cents per mile for dealer maintenance, tires, and fuel combined over 120,000 trouble-free miles (so far).



In general, when some people don't like something (particularly something that is successful) and they don't have any facts, they resort to name calling. In the 1950s and 1960s they would have said only commies drive a Prius. Today, we are less paranoid about commies so they pick on some other minority.Is it okay for a straight guy to drive a Toyota Prius?
I own and drive a Prius at home and drive a Ford F350 SD truck (or sometimes a Tucker Snocat) at work. Maybe I'm AC/DC? Nope - straight for 58 years.



I have no idea where the stereotypes about car preference and sexual preference came from, although when I see a flagrantly macho car I hear Shrek saying, "Do you think he's compensating for something?"



I am a techie and appreciate the design and efficiency of the Prius. It is also supremely reliable and more fun to drive than any car I've had except a Lotus Europa - yes, more fun than the too-heavy 300ZX I traded in for my wife's Prius.Is it okay for a straight guy to drive a Toyota Prius?The Prius is an ecologically destructive snot box that is a pathetic driving car. Seriously building a Prius causes more damage to the environment to build then the equivalent petroleum only car would cause in 10 years of driving. So it is ok to drive one if you want to be a person that says I am driving a crappy car to save the environment... but not really. It is ok to drive if you do not care that putting your foot down derives absolutely no satisfaction whatsoever.
There is a homosexual bar just about a block down the street from me. Every fri and sat nights when those bars are filled with gay males, their car lots are filled with hundreds of Prius cars. Gay men have very good taste in cars, and reliability is a high priority for them. So get one. What's the difference if people think you are a homosexual? ;)Is it okay for a straight guy to drive a Toyota Prius?Thats not true who told you that? Cars don't determine your sexual preference. well if you have a beetle and your a guy thats a problem. Yes its ok

People drive prius to save money or some may like the car, think about it do you want to pay $4.00 for gas?Is it okay for a straight guy to drive a Toyota Prius?
That is the most stupid thing I've ever heard. I don't know why you would question it. The only reason to repeat a question like that is sarcasm and insolence.
A survey a couple of years ago found that Jeep was the most popular brand among gay males. Only a complete tosser would equate sexual orientation to cars.Is it okay for a straight guy to drive a Toyota Prius?
Personally, I don't care what I drive or what people think. I drive a white mini van and I'm straight. No worries. Drive what you want.
Most straight guys who won't own a Prius are insecure about their sexuality. Too bad. Nice little car, the Prius.
theres a comedian on you tube his name is jeff dunham he has a performance all about him and his wifes prius give it awatch but if you can get the whole comedy show its even funnier
lol straight guys can drive a prius it's not that big of a deal, it just means that all you care about is gas mileage and you don't care about cars in general.



If I were you I'd keep an eye out for that VW Blue Motion in the US, it gets better MPG and is alot cheaper than a Prius.



I wouldn't be caught dead in one of those idiotic little eco-boxes. I'll keep my V8 Chevy, thank you very much.

No comments:

Post a Comment