Tuesday, February 7, 2012

How much will a windshield replacement for a Toyota Corolla cost?

The whole windshield needs to be replaced. There's been a crack that's taken half of the windshield up..it just happened when I went outside to my car one day. Anyway, my deductible on my insurance is $250...is windshield replacement more expensive or less expensive? Should I call the Toyota dealership?How much will a windshield replacement for a Toyota Corolla cost?From hearing other people answer similar questions on Yahoo! Answers I think going with the dealership is the most expensive fix. Most windshield replacement shops will help you connect with your insurance company, many doing the calling, negotiating, and finalization since they want the business so bad. You can do a Google search for "windshield prices" to see the cost. For example using glass.net a Toyota Corolla windshield in Atlanta costs about $225. The price will change depending on where you live and the year of your car.How much will a windshield replacement for a Toyota Corolla cost?There is nothing special (that I know of) about your windshield that would require you to go to the dealership to get it fixed. Open up your local yellow pages and look up auto glass repair. Most of the time it costs from $120.00 to $200.00, depending on the model of car. Sometimes they will actually come to your house and replace it. I would just pay cash instead of going through the insurance company. That way it won't mess with your rates. It's inexpensive and should be just a phone call away.



Update:

Then again, I live in Montana, they put rocks on the roads for traction in the winter time. Maybe they're obligated to have low prices. If it is $300.00 to $400.00 to have done. I would trade that thing in right now. I would hate to see a bill for something mechanical. That's ridiculous!How much will a windshield replacement for a Toyota Corolla cost?My guess is $400



Now I'll go, do a little research and find out how close my guess was.



I just went to www.ask.com and typed in:



What does a windshield replacement for a 2002 Toyota Corolla 4 door sedan cost?



The answers came back/ "From $318 to $400 but less if insurance paid a portion. It also depends on where you live.

It would cost more in NYC than in Tampa Fl.



Is this is what you wanted?How much will a windshield replacement for a Toyota Corolla cost?
The windshield on my Toyota Yaris just cracked yesterday too. I've been calling around for quotes today and I'm getting anywhere between $320 and $390. I would imagine the Corolla would be in the same ballpark.

No comments:

Post a Comment