Friday, February 10, 2012

How do I replace the seats in my 1998 Toyota Sienna minivan?

I have a hand-me-down minivan from my sister-in-law, a rebuilt salvage title 1998 Toyota Sienna. I have a love/hate relationship with this thing. For one, I am not the "minivan type", and also her kids really abused the interior. After about a year, I am just now getting the dog smell out! [gag]



Anyway instead of getting into a car note, I have decided to make peace and try to make this van a little more lovable and I'm starting with changing out the seats. I've found an entire set of used leather seats but they are from a 2000 model. I can't seem to find any guides online that will tell me if these seats will be compatible in my 1998, and how easy or hard it would be to swap them out.



Y'all?How do I replace the seats in my 1998 Toyota Sienna minivan?You could call a local wrecking yard, they have what's called a interchange book. But the seats from the 2000 Sienna should fit the biggest difference may be in the middle seats, some have captains chairs and others have bench seat in the middle row. If both are same than they should fit with no problem. The hardest part would be replacing the front seats. they are bolted in where as the 2 rear rows are slide in/drop in lock type.How do I replace the seats in my 1998 Toyota Sienna minivan?Seats usually have only 4 bolts going thru the floor (each seat) and wires to unplug if their power seats.If the 2000 is where you can get to it just measure your bolt holes front to back and across.

No comments:

Post a Comment