Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Does the 1999 Chevy Prism have a toyota engine?

I am looking to buy a used car. Although I would love to buy a Honda or a Toyota, money is an issue. I heard that the Chevy Prism has a Toyota Corolla engine. Is that true? And is it as reliable as a Toyota Corolla? I'm looking for a reliable car that will last me for many years, with proper maintenance of course. Should I consider this Chevy Prism or just suck it up and get a Toyota or a Honda?Does the 1999 Chevy Prism have a toyota engine?All Prizms were powered by the same engine as the then present Toyota Corolla models.



1990鈥?992 Prizms were powered by the 4A-FE or optional 4A-GE engine.

1993鈥?997 Prizms were powered by the 4A-FE or optional 7A-FE engine.

1998-2002 Prizms were equipped with Toyota's 1.8 L 1ZZ-FE I4 engine with VVT-i (Variable Valve Timing - Intelligent) technology included in 2000 through 2002 models.

Hope this info helps.Does the 1999 Chevy Prism have a toyota engine?
A Chevy Prism and a Toyota Corolla are virtually the same car. In fact, they were virtually the same car when the Prism didn't have the Chevy badge, it said Geo instead.



Now these are not sporty cars--but dang, they are reliable. I picked up a 1995 Prism at an impound auction years ago. That little car ran forever--when I wasn't driving it my sons were. I don't think that car ever sat more than 6 hours at a time. It was real easy to work on and the parts were cheap. And it never left us stranded at any time. In fact, I don't think it ever once broke down--the repairs we made were maintenance. Interestingly, I just sold the 95 Prism a year ago. I sold it for more than I paid for it--and I had it for 5 years.

The oldest son bought a 2000 Prism. He has had the same exceptional luck with that car. He has owned it for 4-5 years and has only replaced the battery and tires. No other repairs what-so-ever.



You cannot go wrong with a Prism. Like I said, they are not much to look at, but they will not empty your wallet on repairs and repairs are far and few between.Does the 1999 Chevy Prism have a toyota engine?yes, they are the same car as CorollaDoes the 1999 Chevy Prism have a toyota engine?
Yes it does have the toyota engine.Does the 1999 Chevy Prism have a toyota engine?yup, basically a corolla with the chevy badgeDoes the 1999 Chevy Prism have a toyota engine?
engine is made by gm although it contains many parts that are made over seas as for reliability i suggest that you do some research and a vehicle history report
i think so because toyota makes the chevy

No comments:

Post a Comment