Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Can a 1992 toyota camry with 65000 miles give me 5 more yrs worth of value?

I'm in the process of buying my first car. A 1992 toyota camry. Its in great shape; however, i'm still afraid time weighs against it.



Will the fact that its approaching 20yrs affect its performance even though its in mint condition?



How many yrs do you think i'd get out of this vehicle with proper maintenance and careful driving?



Thanks.Can a 1992 toyota camry with 65000 miles give me 5 more yrs worth of value?If its been properly taken care I don't see why you wouldn't be able to put 5 more years on it. 65000 is nothing. Also, it would depend on how much you will be driving it in the coming years.Can a 1992 toyota camry with 65000 miles give me 5 more yrs worth of value?
As long as the maintenance was done on time and the owner didn't abuse the car, it should be good to go. Just remember that Toyota has very high resale value and you might be overpaying just because of the Toyota name. You might be able to get a newer Nissan, Honda, or an American car for cheaper. And yeah a lot of American cars from the 1990's are not good quality but there are certain models are just as reliable as japanese. American cars from 2004 and up are actually very good quality.Can a 1992 toyota camry with 65000 miles give me 5 more yrs worth of value?Nothing wrong with a car that age and it will run for a very long time. I have a 93 nissan altima and a 94 eagle talon, both very good cars even though they are old and they have a lot of miles. Just be sure to change your oil regularly and have someone check the belts, brakes and stuff like that if it hasnt been done. I would snatch that one up, such low miles for that year so it must have been driven by an older person. I prefer older cars like that, the new ones dont interest me at all, they seem cheap with all their rounded plastic looking interiors, they cost a bundle and if you get in a minor fender bender the insurance company just totals it and jacks your rate up. You will find the camry is really cheap to insure because of its age and it probably has those automatic seat belts, I get a big discount having those in both my cars plus I love that I never have to put the belt on myself. I am sure it will last you at least 5 more years, I bet I will still have my old jalopies then! Just take care of it and it will take care of you, the more stuff you let go on it the quicker it will die.Can a 1992 toyota camry with 65000 miles give me 5 more yrs worth of value?
That's a very low-mileage '92!



You can theoretically get all the years you want out of it. Do stay on top of the maintenance and don't forget to replace the timing belt (it likely has a 70,000 mile interval or so).



I drive an '85 Toyota truck that I've had for 13 years. It has more miles on it (about 180,000) but I hope to keep it at least another 13 years. It's very easy to own--it never needs anything special and it's never been in a shop since I've had it. I do the simple maintenance myself.



There are a few lemons out there, but generally these Toyotas keep going for as long as you want to keep them.Can a 1992 toyota camry with 65000 miles give me 5 more yrs worth of value?A toyota is Japanese engineering, meaning it will go forever. Dont worry, if it was an american car then you should worry.

No comments:

Post a Comment