Monday, February 20, 2012

I am currently restoring a 1999 Ford F-150 and a 2000 Toyota Tacoma. What should the frames be painted in?

I have two pickup trucks in the shop with each having just undregone engine-rebuilds: a 1999 Ford F-150 and a 2000 Toyota Tacoma. Is there someone who can advise as to whether the original factory paint on the frame of each truck should be matt black, satin black or a corrugated texturized or rubberized black? Thank you in advance.I am currently restoring a 1999 Ford F-150 and a 2000 Toyota Tacoma. What should the frames be painted in?I would use POR-15 to paint the frame as it comes in gloss black and a matt black and your frame will never rust with that stuff on it and stone chips will never happen as you can hit it with a hammer and it won't chip or crack and water is perminately sealed out of the metal, it's expensive ($34.) a quart but worth it.I am currently restoring a 1999 Ford F-150 and a 2000 Toyota Tacoma. What should the frames be painted in?I have a tacoma and when modifying it, I always use rutolem paints. You can get them at a checker/pepboys/autozone. It is super tuff paint and I beat the hell out of my truck on a weekly basis. My bumpers and other equipment are all painted with rustoleum black and I love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment