Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Do you own a Toyota and have you lost trust with the automaker?

Toyota's handling of dangerous defects in its cars came under fresh scrutiny as the group was reported to be planning a global recall of 300,000 Prius hybrids worldwide over a brake problem.



The brake trouble comes on top of recalls of more than eight million vehicles worldwide due to sticking accelerator pedals that have severely tarnished the Japanese giant's reputation for reliability.



Do you own a Toyota and have you lost trust with the automaker?Do you own a Toyota and have you lost trust with the automaker?NO NEVER......



This is all a big Hype, the Government is putting a fear into people so they can trade their foreign cars for American car to aid the economy as well as American car companies.



Every car company makes recalls.....Its how they improve, no recall means sit there quietly and expect constant abuse and lack of sales/trust from customers.



Ford:



http://hybridreview.blogspot.com/2010/02鈥?/a>



GM: (Kinda old)



http://www.businessweek.com/autos/autobe鈥?/a>



Just look at all the recalls:



http://www.sacbee.com/trafficnews/story/鈥?/a>



Just imagine if GM had this problem, they wouldn't even have the money to make such a huge recall....Toyota did this for a safety reason....



The Japan pedals (Denso) are good.....all the recalls that were made included the pedals which were made in USA



LaHood actually now admits and apologizes to the public about how he made a mistake about how dangerous toyota's are.



so far they're winning, Chrysler has no hope, and I am sick of paying my money to American car companies failure just because they're not good at running their business ....Why do I have to pay high taxes for their stupidity???



http://www.nola.com/business/index.ssf/2鈥?/a>



Point is, no matter what you drive, doesn't really matter. What matters is how you take care of what you drive. Constant abuse + lack of maintenance + human error is what kills people. Not: "OH I DRIVE A TOYOTA IM GONNA DIE"



There's no such thing as a good reliable car.......if you fail to maintain it properly, then there you go......Nothing in this world is perfect, you might as well just stop driving if you think you own a death car....any car can become a death car.



Nationalist would disagree with me because their small brains cannot comprehend anything I wrote here....Do you own a Toyota and have you lost trust with the automaker?
Yes, my 1st Toyota came with a brake problem. On the day of car collection, the brake pedal keeps on depressing further even i come to a complete halt. It even continue to depress until its pedal can't depress further, thereafter I have to pull the hand brake to prevent the car from inching forward. The Authorised Dealer was unable to change it immediately due to workshop closed on New Year and I have to live with the problem until my 1000km servicing. Nevertheless, the brake pump was replaced and there is no problem with the car as of now. I think the automaker is still trust worthy.Do you own a Toyota and have you lost trust with the automaker?Toyota is the one of most popular car. They are constantly improving their technology and putting lot of money in R %26amp; D. In this case they have found a problem, apologised sincerely %26amp; and are recalling thousands of cars to fix the problem. I think this is positive action on their part. Also i think the issue is overblown. Otherwise I own a Toyota and am very satisfied with Quality and will opt for same brand when times comes to change.
Yes, I do own a Toyota Vios and I will not lose trust with the automaker. I believe that after they recalled back million of vehicle, they will sure to improve it and not let this matter happen in future.



At least they are willing to recall it back and face the problem, some company don't even do that, they will only push the blame to supplier, to the spare parts, or anyone they can think of. Some just close down or even run away leaving staff jobless....



There are alot of things been recalled back recently like bread, milk, meats, toys. Company make mistake, they face it, work together to amend it and improve it. Same goes to human being....Do you own a Toyota and have you lost trust with the automaker?I don't own or even like Toyota and I think people are overreacting. It's a recall and they happen. What's funny is that among car guy circles they think now is a good time to buy used Toyota's cheap to take advantage of the people panicking because of this controversy.



Also to Alan, I have a 10 year old Pontiac that doesn't have a braking override. I'm also not aware of them offering this in most of their vehicles. It would also have been nice if those people knew how to properly handle a car in an emergency situation and put it in neutral.Do you own a Toyota and have you lost trust with the automaker?
Toyota Corolla, Starlet, Corolla, Tarago, Corolla, Yaris, Ractis, ...

7 of 10 cars I owned were Toyotas. I have to admit, they are more reliable than others in general. However, like anything else, things are not built to last unlike the old days. Corporates cut cost and make parts with lower grade material, they sub-contract manufacturing of parts to other sources and/or they move assembly plants to countries with cheaper labour. Many times shareholders' profitability overrides safety conscience and responsibility.

Yes I own a Toyota now, no I have not lost trust with them, because all automakers are the similar, unless i can afford to buy an elite brand of automobile, I will continue to drive mass market cars. If it becomes worse I may start walking or peddling.
I have lost complete trust in Toyota vehicles. Prior to the Toyota vehicle, I owned a Chevrolet, and contrary to what some people think, that car was reliable. Recalling eight million vehicles worldwide is simply unacceptable. I will never buy a Toyota again, and I think all of the hype of Toyota vehicles in the past three years has been ridiculous. I fell for the hype, and I have not been satisfied. Toyota vehicles are sometimes cheaper than other vehicles, but they do not come with as much equipment. No more Toyota vehicles for me.Do you own a Toyota and have you lost trust with the automaker?
Toyota ruined thousands of Camry engines with sludge all the way back in 1999, ( I owned one) when they deliberately narrowed the exhaust engine port to hold heat in the engine...it caused sludge to build in the engines--which totally DESTROYS the engine. Toyota denied that incident for YEARS because they did not want to fix it. Toyota is a lying, cheating, immoral manufacturer. Their cars are cheap plastic, and the accelerators killed 4 lives because Toyota refused to install a BRAKE OVERRIDE which forces an engine to stop when the brakes are applied. (Something even GM in all its shoddiness has been doing for 10 years because of safety issues. ) Murder, I call it. Toyota murdered those innocent people in those accidents, because with a BRAKE OVERRIDE installed as they should have been....NOT A SINGLE TOYOTA, OR LEXUS WOLD HAVE CRASHED.Lost all faith in them. I'd rather die of syphilis, than buy another Toyota.
I think its not the manufacturing thats the main problem. Its the management reluctance to come clean with the issue. I think its ok for most manufacturers to make a mistake and make up for it but definitely terrible when lives were lost when they knew they could have done something to stop it. Probably all car manufacturers have recalled their product but its the attitude behind the recall that matters to consumers like us. No matter how much one can trust a brand, any brand that betrays that trust will surely lose support. This is the sort of attitude in management is one that sent the shuttle Challenger in space and blew it up.



As for the technology involved, the Wall St Journal article I have attached, talks about the brake override system that would have eliminated those tragedies. Ultimately, the real deal is how Toyota handled the recall that gave me a seriously bad impression on them.
Up and down nature for every business, not forgetting the enormous infrastructure Toyota have. May be due to communication lack which i dun think company like Toyota will want to "deliberately" introduce faulty product to the market and risk it reputation n $$ by recalling.

Just get to know Honda also get into similar issue. You see, the trend is hot and hopefully other automaker will not follow suit with people start digging out past quality issue, and making it tomorrow news headline. The next moment you will find no car in earth is safe to drive..haha..hopefully not.

Though i not a Toyota owner but i believe after this incident, all automaker will somehow look further into their QC. We should feel positive then.
I used Toyota cars for nearly 20 yrs but the latest recalls shatter my trust with the automaker. There were several faulty parts with the Toyota models that I owned in the past but they were none fatal. The agent refused to admit the defects and I had to make good of the problem myself. Now Toyota is facing some major defects in their models that had caused several innocent lives. They have no choice but to admit its liability because of the immense pressure push down by the powerful US authority. Why take up the problem only when cornered? Why can't own up the problem when the customers or interest groups lodged a genuine complaint? It looks like the automaker is giving priority to profit over the safety and welfare of the customers. The automaker may produce economical cars but it compromises the safety of the users. I am lucky to post this comment but will I be still so lucky next time if I continue to pledge my undivided support to Toyota ???
I had a Toyota Corolla and it was beset with problems--I soon realized they were better at pr,misdirection and making commercials ,then making cars. A serious review of Toyota recalls,problems reveals that they are far very distant from the quality some people ignorantly attribute to them.Their history includes many serious complaints/recalls such as engine sludge,strut leakage,ball joint deficiencies leading to front end problems,throttle assembly wear and electronic throttle control concerns, some lack of failsafe redundancy in computer software, transmission shifting and roughness concerns,etc,etc, etc do your own honest review. The latest issues pertaining to their toyota,lexus auto acceleration issues and prius braking problems along with mats problem(ha,ha) are just the most recent and most publicized. They should spent more money on quality control, less on pr and commercials, stop their cost saving value engineering strategy and respond appropriately when they make their abundant errors. I, my family and friends will never buy Toyota again.
I own one, one under recall, and I still drive it. I work for the company and I like the way they are facing everything. It seems like a big deal because they are taking it very seriously. Not like Ford, who didn't want to spend fifty cents per SUV back then with the tire issue (and I had a very reliable Ford I loved so I'm not against the company). I just think Toyota is doing the right thing so of course I haven't lost trust. I myself see how hard they are working here at the facility I work at.
I own a 2010 Prius bought in August. They just recalled the Priuses in Japan but not in the US. I am so sick of Toyota right now, I am considering trading the Prius in for something else from an automaker that sucks less, even though I love the car. It is absolute crap that they lied to cover the problem up for months, not to mention that I am getting all of my info from online news sources though I should be getting it from Toyota directly, as it directly impacts me and my safety. It is so bad I am afraid to take my car out of the garage because the roads are icy, and don't want to risk a major issue. This is my first Toyota, and it is my last because they have no customer support, and they in general suck spectacularly.
I own a 2007 Toyota Wish. Till today i have clocked 60000km. So far i have had no breakdowns besides a flat battery which is norm. Before this i had a nissan which would breakdown due to problems with engine sensors and relay problems. the car is a 7 seater and does 14km to a litre. Well built interior and good engine response and power. Managed to clock 215km/h with 5 people onboard. For a 1.8 litre car that is exceptional perfomance. I just love this car. From what i see recalls are quite common with other cars and recently even honda recalled their jazz due to burning window switched. Why make a big fuss of toyota? To me, with the the president of toyota takin charge now, i feel it is a even better reason to get a toyota. Quality beyond excellence. Toyota will never go down for their cars are truly amazing.
On the contrary I own a Proton Persona after selling off my Toyota Corolla. Persona is a good car but it came with a bad sales speech and also packed with empty promises after the car is delivered to me. The salesman promises that it will deliver a minimum of 11 km/litre but it didn't, only 7 instead. I complained but the car never get fixed. In this respect I feel that Toyota is very responsible to recall the faulty vehicles and have them fixed and I think that's commendable. Thumbs up Toyota!
I used to drive a Toyota Starlet from KP60 to EP70. From EP70 to EP90. Those are the fun days. My last Toyota car is Yaris and i'm very disappointed with that car. The handling of the car wasn't as good as Starlet, and also the car named top 5 most dangerous car in America. Now i'm driving i30 and i'm very happy with my new i30. Handling and fuel econ also alot better than Yaris. Unless Toyota can come out something better cars, if not i'll not buying any Toyota any more.
Yes, i do own Toyota, WISH and this is my second toyota car which i have been driving for the past 10 years.

Due to their handling of defects recall, i am greatly disappointed with their response. I have chosen Toyota because i believe on their reliability and safety. Now they have compromise on their safety which is not acceptable to me. I will not select toyota for my near future.
Its just not Toyota even Honda has joined the que so practically everyone in this world is a cheat.I met one Quality control manager some years back so i asked him since you are doing quality control then you must be making good quality cars %26amp; to my shock he answered me "NO" his job is to see that the cars are not made of high quality ie. low quality so this answers the question you cant trust anyone everyone is a cheat. My question is that "DONT THE AUTO ENGINEERS KNOW HOW TO MAKE A CAR THAT CAN LAST FOR 3 GENEARTIONS OR MORE ?"" the answer is big YES but they purposely make it low quality so that it lasts only a few years.

I know in india cars like Ambassadors %26amp; Fiat are still running in some places almost 3 generations over but still runs but now since they are making plastic cars it also reduces quality
i don't own a toyota (yet). All manmade machines has chances of defects, problems. If inherent defects fr mfr, then It is impt how mfrs resolve the issue. do they shirk fr responsibility? Since toyata's rectificatn process is to ack resp and tk prompt corrective actions, then i believe they still stand in good stead as a trusted brand for car users. They came out with the LEAN mfg process which many co adopted. It is a thinking co..innovative and aiming for improvements..
I do not own a Toyota car, but have driven one. No human is perfect, let alone the machines. Every machine is tried and tested but never a perfect machine. I think flaws such as these do happen and the best thing is to rectify it and not broad on it. Other car makers also experience the same issues.



I would say Grow Up and think positive...toyota has given good cars. So let's not complain.

Live and let live.
Yes I own a Toyota and I still have faith in them. Toyota did not become a household name for reliability overnight. It took them decades to build their reputation, so one or two bad models do not make them a bad maker. It could be a good thing once in a while to remind them not to rest on their laurels and make better cars in future.
Yes, we owned a Toyota Wish since 2004 and have been troubled all along. We have already spent more than US$5,800.00 on repairs and over-hauled. Troubled started in 2005 and used spare parts have been replaced and fixed into my car by the Toyota service centre without our knowledge. The manager have apologized after we found out the problems and apparently, two staffs were fired from the centre. What about us? No compensations? They just say "Sorry".

We definitely lost trust with Toyota. If you ask me whether I would buy another Toyota again, I might say "No", unless Toyota made compensations.
I make it a point to hold onto a car for about 5 years. My first car is a Japan-make Collora XLi 1.5. Absolutely fuel efficient and reliable.My second car is Mercedes C200 make in South Africa. ESP trip computer failed me after 6 months. Steering wheel keeps vibrating when the car stops and lead to engine stalked, I have to engage neutral gear at traffic lights to prevent this. Then came some minor problems such as tail plate lights fused. I'm into my 3rd car japan-make Honda Odyssey. Into 2nd year and no major problems. U see my point?

This is the problem with globalisation.
ALAN: your post is absolutely utter rubbish, load of crap. there is NO such thing as brake override where the engine suppose to stop when the brake is applied. please engage your brain before answering. you probably are a 12 year old who know nuts about cars.

i've owned a toyota before and i wouldn't mind buying one again. one good leaf that can be taken out is that toyota will work quadruple hard to ensure issues like this will not happen again.
I own a Toyota RUSH and I love my car! Overall, I think Japanese car is still better in term of cost and fuel efficiency. Undeniably, this "brake incident" seriously hit Toyota's reputation. However, just look from a different angle, it could happen to any car makers.



As I am rich enough, I will go for european car which has better amour but poorer fuel efficiency.



I will still go for Toyota rather than Korean, Chinese or US cars. I still believe they have better quality car engine at the same price...
I own a Toyota Vios and it kind of ROCKS! Recalls happen here and there, hey, maybe Mercedes is recalling their S Series! Ha, who knows when Mercedes or even Ferrari is going to recall their cars? It just happens. We just take things for granted. When a new product starts, people bear with the defects. When it becomes part of our daily life, here we go, complain, complain, complain, as you can see in Singapore. For those who own a Prius, STOP complaining, let Toyota fix it, and start driving again. What's wrong?
i was never a fan of toyota, But it's the main stream for reliability in singapore.

If compare to maker like subaru or mazda of the same value.

It's make in thailand, The engine crap, lots of plastic

And the crazy things, They have the same model and made in the same factory.

But brand it LEXUS and ask for 50-100% more.

which why there's so many fake RX300 on the road.

Toyota and a Lexus are the same in japan.
totally lost trust in a brand that is always empty on with promises on technologies and seems to

be always toeing on other manufacturers'technologies. the brand

have had not won any races in WRC not mention poor performance with F1.

their claims of fuel ecomony is but all bullshit with none my friends being able to achieve close to their claimed mpg/km per litre.
Yes, I have lost trust with Toyota for its reputation in reliability. During the 3-year warrant period, I sent my Toyota Corolla Altis for warranty repair for no less than 5 times. Those defects include replacement of alternators, engine block oil seal (leakage), front brake disc rotor, fuel pump, seat Noise and so on.....
I was actually planning to buy my next can a Toyota Inova but now I am looking for other carmaker. Sad to loss trust for Toyota because they use to have very good reputation before, they let their customers took risk driving their car until media and government force them to take action鈥?quite irresponsible.

No comments:

Post a Comment