Wednesday, January 25, 2012

When should i replace the timing belt on my 2002 Toyota Solara?

Just want to get the facts. Toyota manual states 65K. Some owners changed at 105K. Just want to know latest factory bulletin on this.When should i replace the timing belt on my 2002 Toyota Solara?THE TIMING BELT IN YOUR VEHICLE IS RECOMMENDED AT 90K MILES.

I AM A TOYOTA SERVICE MANGER AND YOU REALLY DON'T NEED TO REPLACE UNTIL YOU REACH 90K MILES--I WOULD SUGGEST THAT YOU REPLACE YOUR DRIVE BELTS AT THAT SAME TIME BECAUSE THERE IS NO EXTRA LABOR INVOLVED--JUST BUY THE BELTS AND THEY WILL PUT THEM ON FOR YOU--AVG COST AT MOST TOYOTA DEALERS IS ABOUT 285.00 TO 315.00 DEPENDING ON WHERE YOU LIVE--PLUS THE PRICE OF THE DRIVE BELTS--HOPE THIS HELPSWhen should i replace the timing belt on my 2002 Toyota Solara?
60,000 is the rule of thumb. If it breaks while you're driving you can totally blow your engineWhen should i replace the timing belt on my 2002 Toyota Solara?the service interval is 65k but in my experience 80k is more than safe.When should i replace the timing belt on my 2002 Toyota Solara?
I've been fine going about 90K on the newer Toyotas.When should i replace the timing belt on my 2002 Toyota Solara?Toyota recommends to inspect at 60,000 miles and check every 15,000 miles after.

No comments:

Post a Comment