Sunday, January 29, 2012

Can i make my automatic toyota t100 a manual one?

ive got a 97 toyota t100 sr5 4x4

i know by the sound of it the task is not going to be easy. the only problem that i have with my truck is that its a auto.your right i did buy it that way but i want a good project. i just need a little incite on what i need to start planning the parts i need and the way to go about doing it... and hely or comments are welcome!Can i make my automatic toyota t100 a manual one?If the T-100s came with a manual option, it will make your life a lot easier. I'm unaware of if they did or not, but if they did then you would need to source said transmission, the driveshaft(it may be different), clutch pedal/pedal assembly if it's different between the auto and manual versions; you'll also need the master cylinder and slave cylinder(assuming it's hydraulic), as well as a clutch itself, as well as any random assorted bracketry.

If they didn't come with a manual option.....You'd have to find a manual that will bolt up to your engine (3.4 liter?), and find parts that will work from other vehicles, or custom make them.

Best of luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment