Wednesday, January 25, 2012

How hard is it to do a transmission swap on a 94-98 Toyota Supra?

I recently bought a Automatic 95 Toyota Supra. All the Stick Shift ones were really expensive and I figured I can by a manual transmission and swap it out. However I don't know if it's going to be that easy. My friend did a tranny swap on his 87 Toyota cressida and said it wasn't too hard. All you needed was another different motor mount for the front and the clutch and cables. How much will it cost?How hard is it to do a transmission swap on a 94-98 Toyota Supra?List of parts:transmission,flywheel,clutch and brake pedal assembly,ecu,driveshaft,and don't forget all the bolts....any car built after 95 may have an irreversible check engine light after a swap like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment