Wednesday, January 25, 2012

How can I fit two carseats in the back of a Toyota Prius?

I drive a Toyota Prius. I currently have one infant car seat in the middle of the back because it has to fit between the bucket seats (the depth is to long to go directly behind the drivers or passenger seats). Does anyone have a recommendation for a convertible car seat that is not very deep when installed rear facing? We are about to have 2 babies, and I know that two infant car seats won't fit. Any ideas? I don't have the option of buying a different car. Thanks in advance.How can I fit two carseats in the back of a Toyota Prius?Well the obvious answer is to go to a store that will let you try the floor models in your car, but those are getting harder to find.



There is some info here on which seats fit in a Prius: http://www.carseatdata.org/main/search?e鈥?/a>



Personally I have an Eddie Bauer/Alpha Omega Elite (also sold as Costco and something else) and an Evenflo Triumph Advanced. The Eddie Bauer even with the base removed takes up far more space forcing the seat in front of it forward. The evenflo though wider (1.5-2") takes up less space depth wise (at least 3").



Another smaller seat is the Sunshine Radian which is made with more metal than plastic so it is smaller on the outside while allowing one of the widest interiors for bigger babies. I don't know specifically about depth though this only gives the base depth which is only part of the answer:

http://www.macklems.com/sunshine-kids-ra鈥?/a>

How can I fit two carseats in the back of a Toyota Prius?when trying to find a car seat to fit into the back of my truck I used this website as a guide. It was recommended by my doctor.

http://www.carseatdata.org/



we own the britax marathon which came up on the list. I have had the unfortunate experience of being in two different car acidents(not my fault) with two of my kids as they were in these seats. They came through 100% fine other than shaken up. Any carseat you use is going to take some work to get it into the back of a prius but if I can latch one into the back seat of a pickup you should be able to get one in the prius. Good luck and congratsHow can I fit two carseats in the back of a Toyota Prius?You're really going to be SOL here, they all take up about the same amount of room. However, the links below of users report the Britax Marathon fits backwards as does the Britax Boulevard and a Radian. I'd go to a store that has a generous return policy and try it out.

1 comment:

  1. By going to RentalCars you can find the cheapest car hire at over 49,000 locations worldwide.

    ReplyDelete