Wednesday, January 25, 2012

What type of coolant/antifreeze should I use for my 2002 Toyota Corolla?

I always thought antifreeze was green, or maybe orange, but my Toyota Corolla's overflow tank has red colored fluid. I don't want to ruin the engine with the wrong coolant. Suggestions? Thanks!What type of coolant/antifreeze should I use for my 2002 Toyota Corolla?Toyota has 2 types of coolent, Red and Pink.

The red is a long life and the pink is a super long life.

Do not mix them and do not mix in green.

The Pink is premixed so you can just pore is right into the motor, the Red needs to be mixed 50/50.What type of coolant/antifreeze should I use for my 2002 Toyota Corolla?
Pour coolant into the motor and expect to be buying a new motor in a week or two.

Report Abuse

What type of coolant/antifreeze should I use for my 2002 Toyota Corolla?either look in your owners manual, call a toyota dealership and ask. but if you open the cap and look in the recovery tank, is the fluid in there an orange color or yellow?

Orange is dexcool which is what i am thinking it is, and yellow (there is a 100$ name for this anti-freeze that is 3 miles long) is the original anti freeze. if you spill any of it, clean it up please.What type of coolant/antifreeze should I use for my 2002 Toyota Corolla?
Toyota has a special kind of coolant for their rigs, check with a parts store or a Toyota Dealer. Don't mix one with another.What type of coolant/antifreeze should I use for my 2002 Toyota Corolla?it should be greenWhat type of coolant/antifreeze should I use for my 2002 Toyota Corolla?
Your Toyota has antifreeze made from ethelyne glycol with a red dye. That means this is the same as the green coolant that you are use to. There is now a yellow (universal) coolant/antifreeze that is safe for all vehicles. The orange coolant you are referring to is a silicone base long life coolant or GM branded DEX-COOL. I would recommend to you the universal coolant or green coolant.

No comments:

Post a Comment